Bengaluru: Student in P.G accommodation dies due to electric shock while charging phone

Share :

Published July 6, 2024 at 11:53am

Update July 6, 2024 at 11:55am

    24-year-old Srinivas hailing from Bidar died

    Srinivas came to Bengaluru to pursue a software course

    Mobile charging wire is suspected to have been damaged

In a shocking incident, a student died while attempting to charge his phone in a Paying Guest (PG) accommodation. The incident occurred at the Varshini Gents P.G in the Manjunath Nagar region of Bengaluru. 

The deceased individual has been identified as 24-year-old Srinivas hailing from Bidar. Srinivas had come to Bengaluru to pursue a software course. At 8 PM on 5th July, the tragic incident took away his life. It is being reported that he received electric shock either from the charging wire or the switch board. The mobile charging wire is suspected to have been damaged. The faulty charging wire supposedly resulted in the death of Srinivas. 

Also Read: Bengaluru: Late-night drinking, loud road parties by unauthorized PGs throw life out of gear in Whitefield

His roommate had called him to have dinner on the night of July 5th. He however did not receive any response from Srinivas. Seeing Srinivas lying on his back, his roommate called him on his phone. This is when he received the electric shock. Srinivas’ roommate narrowly escaped. The officials in the PG accommodation later provided information to the Basaveshwara Nagar Police Station. The body of Srinivas was shifted to a hospital by the police. Forensic Experts have reached the spot to conduct a thorough examination. Officials associated with the Basaveshwara Nagar Police Station are conducting a detailed investigation into the incident. 

Bengaluru: Student in P.G accommodation dies due to electric shock while charging phone

https://newsfirstprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/BeFunky-collage-2024-07-06T114444.629.jpg

    24-year-old Srinivas hailing from Bidar died

    Srinivas came to Bengaluru to pursue a software course

    Mobile charging wire is suspected to have been damaged

In a shocking incident, a student died while attempting to charge his phone in a Paying Guest (PG) accommodation. The incident occurred at the Varshini Gents P.G in the Manjunath Nagar region of Bengaluru. 

The deceased individual has been identified as 24-year-old Srinivas hailing from Bidar. Srinivas had come to Bengaluru to pursue a software course. At 8 PM on 5th July, the tragic incident took away his life. It is being reported that he received electric shock either from the charging wire or the switch board. The mobile charging wire is suspected to have been damaged. The faulty charging wire supposedly resulted in the death of Srinivas. 

Also Read: Bengaluru: Late-night drinking, loud road parties by unauthorized PGs throw life out of gear in Whitefield

His roommate had called him to have dinner on the night of July 5th. He however did not receive any response from Srinivas. Seeing Srinivas lying on his back, his roommate called him on his phone. This is when he received the electric shock. Srinivas’ roommate narrowly escaped. The officials in the PG accommodation later provided information to the Basaveshwara Nagar Police Station. The body of Srinivas was shifted to a hospital by the police. Forensic Experts have reached the spot to conduct a thorough examination. Officials associated with the Basaveshwara Nagar Police Station are conducting a detailed investigation into the incident. 

Load More